Contact Us

J. Russell Ford, Attorney at Law, P.C.
922 Oak Street
Kansas City, MO 64106
Toll Free: 866-234-1534
Telephone: 816-399-5211
Facsimile: 816-842-7676
Map & Directions

We accept credit cards:

Credit Cards

Municipal and Traffic Violations

Jackson County Municipal and Traffic Attorney

Over 38 Years of Experience Handling Municipal and Traffic Violations

When you have been ticketed for a traffic violation, charged with a DUI/DWI, or cited for violation of a municipal ordinance, you may be inclined to simply pay the fine and be done with it. Unfortunately, this can often be a mistake, as a conviction can have significant consequences and may have been avoided with the help of an experienced lawyer.

At my law office, J. Russell Ford, Attorney at Law, P.C., I represent individuals who have been charged with violating traffic or municipal laws. I have over 40 years of experience representing clients throughout Jackson County and the surrounding areas. I will take the time necessary to sit down with you, listen carefully to your questions and concerns, giving you the information you need to make decisions about how your case proceeds. My goal in handling municipal and traffic cases is to help minimize any consequences arising from the alleged violation, working hard to have any charges dropped if at all possible. Contact my office or call me at 816-399-5211 to arrange a half-hour consultation.

My Municipal and Traffic Violations Practice

I defend men and women on a wide range of municipal violations, including

  • Passing bad checks
  • Parking tickets or violations
  • Housing ordinance and fire code violations
  • Public intoxication or disorderly conduct
  • Assault, including domestic violence or abuse
  • Interfering with police officers
  • Disturbing the peace
  • Zoning violations

I also handle most types of traffic and moving violations, ranging from speeding tickets and reckless driving to driving on a suspended or revoked license. I defend individuals charged with operating a vehicle without a valid drivers license, as well as failing to provide proof of insurance. I represent juveniles and people with a commercial driver's license (CDL).


If you have been arrested for drunk driving or for operating a vehicle while under the influence, I can handle both the administrative license hearing necessary to fight the suspension of your driving privileges and the criminal charges against you. I will carefully examine all the evidence in the criminal case, making sure that your constitutional rights were not violated, reviewing the stop to confirm that there was probable cause to pull you over. I will also verify that the field sobriety and blood alcohol tests were property administered. In the administrative license hearing, I will work to make sure that you are granted a provisional license (sometimes called a "hardship license") to allow you to drive to and from work or school and perform necessary daily errands.

To schedule a half-hour consultation, contact me or call me at 816-399-5211 . My offices are a half block south of the round Federal Courthouse at 9th and Oak in downtown Kansas City, Missouri. I meet with clients between 8:30am and 5:30pm, Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request.